There are 2 lanes left for the WQMX Bowling League! This week for League Members ONLY- I have a pair of 3 day commuter passes to THE COUNTRY FEST to give away- details coming tonight at Turkeyfoot Lanes! You must join asap if you want in on the winning!
Call Turkeyfoot Lanes at 330.644.8417 NOW to get your team registered.
I will also have a Circle K Gas Card and Mini Golf Passes to Roling Greens. See my bowlers tonight from 7-9pm!
While creeping along (due to higher than normal pedestrian traffic levels more than the water levels) on the Cherry Street Bridge in Canal Fulton Tuesday afternoon, my son Maks and I shot this VIDEO of some of the flooding in our quiet little town. I've lived in CF for the last 13 years and I've seen this area fill with a few inches of water on many occasions, but never like this. Please be safe out there and check on your loved ones, neighbors and friends in impacted areas during the next few days.
It may be Blake Shelton's birthday today (June 18), but we are getting the gifts courtesy of Garth Brooks! He has released a new single featuring the "God's Country" singer called "Dive Bar". Garth and Blake are set to perform the song together live at Garth's show in Boise, ID on July 19th, which Blake is set to open. The performance will be filmed so we'll be getting to see that soon! In
Still not complaining, just commenting. But I do miss the long shadows that the sun can cast. There just has not been much sun lately. Have you found yourself, as I have found myself, in disbelief that it is late June? It just hasn't felt very June-y. And thinking back, it didn't feel very May-y either. Or April-y.
But it is, and we have to think that the best of Summer 2019 is still ahead. And I have tried to keep the perspective, that is it not yet summer. It is still technically Spring.
Hang in there. Summer is coming.
Summer Solstice - June 21 at 11:54 a.m.
The Things You Must Have For The Country Fest:
- Boots: it’s gonna be muddy people. I am positive person and I am doing my non-rain dance everyday! No matter the outcome, this I know- pack your boots!
- Ponchos or an umbrella: this option may be optional for some, but it may matter to others, again I am doing my non-rain dance!
- Hat: a hat fixes the above must have!
- Sun block and Sunglasses: The sun will come out! I know it will and let me be your voice of reason- lather up and repeat ;)
- Koozies: if you are camping this is a no brainer. We can even help you out if you stop at the WQMX booth ;)
- Selfie Stick: this item has lost popularity in recent years, but you will thank me later. Make some memories, because come Sunday you want to remember Country Fest. The selfie stick is just fun!
- Your WQMX Send Me Backstage Tshirts- pack any color shirt from any year because they all work and our spotter are everywhere at TCF!
- Your PARTY POUCH: the fanny pack may be the most important must have for TCF. Man, woman or child can wear this amazing accessory and you can put all your things in it, be fashionable and hands free!
Bottom line, rain or shine- The Country Fest is the party of the summer and I am geeked to see all your faces come Thursday! Let’s do this!
This is getting a bit old. I am not one to complain about much of anything, as it generally solves nothing, and I am a results guy. But this rain is really getting a bit old.
I lived through a two and half year drought in Florida when I worked there and I swore then I would not ever go off about rain again. Droughts are terrible. But this ain't real great either. And being honest, droughts and flooding are about tied on the worse-meter
Rain can be frustrating, and the lack of outdoor stuff, and of course golf gets old, but this too will pass. All I ask is this. Can we just get back to a regular pattern. Some sun, some warm, some rain
You know. The basics.
OH YEEEAAAHHH!!! Some things that I truly enjoy the most are Deals and Ice Cream... this covers both of those!
So DQ is going to offer you a free small, regular or dipped, cone with any purchase on Friday June 21st to celebrate the first day of Summer. Oh and you can choose the classic Chocolate dipped, or the seasonal (and amazing sounding) Orange DREAMSICLE dipped!!
There is a minor catch, or two: you have to buy something, and you have to download their app. At participating locations only.
(Courtesy of FOX 8 Cleveland)