Valentine's Day is right around the corner and it has most of us thinking about gigantic gestures to show our love and devotion. But what about the little things?
Here are some everyday ways to show your partner you're there for them:
1. Refrain from saying “I told you so.”
2. Call and ask if your partner needs anything when you’re out running errands.
3. Heat up their side of the bed on cold nights.
4. Kiss them when you get up from the dinner table.
5. Send them funny GIFs or pictures that remind you of them.
6. Text good morning and good night when you’re apart.
7. Buy cards on random occasions and leave them as a surprise.
8. Turn the shower on for them when they can’t get out of bed.
9. Read something you love aloud.
10. Make a Spotify mix of “
your songs.”Source: (The Frisky)
Superbowl Football Food Facts
· 1.23 billion Chicken wings will be eaten on Super Bowl Sunday.
· Raw veggies are the most popular food eaten during the big game
· Domino's Pizza estimates that they will deliver 11 million pies Sunday.
· You will eat about 1,200 calories Sunday on SNACKS! Not a meal.
Superbowl best – and most creative bets!
Yep, these are bets that sports bookies are actually taking money on:
This site is all about living healthy and having a blast in the process. It’s a place to connect with people and share your healthy journey, failures and all, with people like yourself. Everyone fits in no matter where they are on their journey. The hope is to build a fun community, lasting relationships and share ideas and information.
Is one of your resolutions to save some money this year? Here’s a way to save cash and still visit your favorite watering hole …
10. Get a designated driver. Cheaper than a cab … or a DUI
9. Drink before you go out. Get your buzz on before you hit the bar and you won’t have to buy as many drinks.
8. Avoid bars with covers. A no-brainer.
7. Buy pitchers of beer when possible.
6. Buy beer on tap or get drinks with house liquor.
5. Eat before you go out.
4. Split the food order with your buddies. Ordering some appetizers for the table will be cheaper than each of you buying something to eat.
3. Set a budget. Not always easy to stick to once you’ve had a few – so maybe bring cash and leave the cards at home.
2. Expensive early, cheap later. If you like premium scotch, make your first few drinks the good stuff. Then switch to cheaper swill once you’re already buzzed.
1. Stay home. (Askmen.com
During cold weather, you should take the following precautions:
• Stay indoors as much as possible and limit your exposure to the cold;
• Dress in layers and keep dry;
• Check on family, friends, and neighbors who are at risk and may need additional assistance;
• Know the symptoms of cold-related health issues such as frostbite and hypothermia and seek medical attention if health conditions are severe.
• Bring your pets indoors or ensure they have a warm shelter area with unfrozen water.
• Minimize travel. If travel is necessary, keep a disaster supplies kit in your vehicle.Make sure your vehicle has an emergency kit that includes an ice scraper, blanket and flashlight – and keep the fuel tank above half full.
For more info go to http://wqmx.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&layout=edit
Everyone should take 5 minutes to read this. It may save your life or a loved one's life. In daylight hours, refresh yourself of these things to do in an emergency situation... This is for you, and for you to share with your wife, your children & everyone you know. After reading these 9 crucial tips, forward them to someone you care about. It never hurts to be careful in this crazy world we live in.
1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!
2. Learned this from a tourist guide. If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you... Chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won't see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc. DON'T DO THIS!) The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE. If someone is in the car with a gun to your head DO NOT DRIVE OFF, Repeat: DO NOT DRIVE OFF! Instead gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your Air Bag will save you. If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it. As soon as the car crashes bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location.
Time Magazine had the Top 10 list of the most broken New Year’s resolutions (this list is actually from 2012) but it is probably still appropriate
Admit it ... you secretly love watching those made-for-TV holiday movies! Between Lifetime, Hallmark and ABC Family you can successfully watch Holiday movies 24 hours a day. The most popular movies always center on the perfect holiday romance, and if you're looking for love this winter why not take a few tips from these sentimental sappy tales?! Here are the guaranteed ways to find love during the holidays, as told by made-for-TV Holiday movies:
It's the holidays and through New Years, we will continue to be surrounded by delicious food. How can we avoid packing on the pounds – without giving up our favorite foods? Here are some helpful tips to keep your eating in check:
Christmas is almost here, and spending time with family can be the best — and worst — part of the holidays. Cramped quarters, conflicting personalities, and childhood baggage means tensions can run high, especially when you don't have any time to yourself. But with a little creativity, you can find ways to squeeze in alone time, and avoid a meltdown. Here are a few:
Need more ideas? Keep reading.