Huffington Post asked Facebook and Twitter readers to share the one piece of advice they'd offer fellow divorced folks looking to date again. See what they had to say below, then head to the comments and weigh in with your advice.
1. "Think of it this way: You know what you DON'T want. Now go out there and figure out what you DO want."
2. "Fix yourself first. When you're able to tell your story and not cry then you're ready to date."
3. "The dating scene has changed since you were last part of it. It takes time to process that along with everything you've been through with the divorce. Be cognizant of that and try your hardest to take things slow."
4. "Don't cling to someone new just because you're lonely. Be picky. Think long and hard about what you no longer want to invite into your life and once you have, don't compromise those things for the sake of companionship (even if it is super hot companionship -- sigh)."
5. "Only date when you're ready and know that the time it takes to be ready varies from person to person. Once you're open to dating, feel free to make mistakes and embrace this new phase in your life. I don't mean be completely hedonistic, but feel free to be adventurous and get to know new people."
6. "Date, date, date. But take time to make yourself happy first and don't expect the people you're seeing to help you get over your divorce. Dates are not band-aids."