On eof our listeners sent us this natural, non-toxic weed killer recipe after hearing our converation about not wanting to add chemicals to our yards. Safe for pets and kids, Thanks to Pam Ridenour!
1/2 gallon of Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 c table salt
1/2 tsp Dawn liquid dish soap
Mix above ingredients in a spray bottle.
Spray weeds thoroughly.
1/2 gallon for around $6.40. Works better than Round Up - kills weeds on 1st application. The Dawn dish soap strips the weed of its protective oils so the vinegar can work with deadly force. Safe for use in yards used by children and pets!
Sometimes, the best advice, often, still comes from Mom.
Some will sit us down and spill the advice that their growing hearts have learned over the years. Some will be there to lift us up as we're starting to crawl underneath our covers to hide from a broken, tired heart. And some will just casually remind us as we're on the way to work on a Friday morning that it's important to find someone who makes you happy. That's all that matters (Thanks, Mom!). Source: Huffpost Here's the top 10 pieces of Mom advice!
1. "What you put up with in a relationship is all you'll ever get out if it.." -Alex
2. " Look at her mother and you'll see her future." -Bryan
3. "'Don't rush It,.'" -Dan
4. "If it's not working now, it's not going to. (Amen, Mom.)" -Johnny
5. "See how they treat the waiter at the restaurant. It'll tell everything." -Cliff
Think boys are smarter? Think again.
A Canadian study, which examined data from 1914 to 2011, found that girls do better in school than boys – and have been for nearly a century.
The research found that girls perform better than boys in every grade ... in all subjects ... all over the world.
"The fact that females generally perform better than their male counterparts throughout what is essentially mandatory schooling in most countries seems to be a well-kept secret, considering how little attention it has received as a global phenomenon," said co-author Susan Voyer of the University of New Brunswick. (Daily Mail)
You've all heard the saying, "Beer before liquor, never sicker. Liquor before beer, in the the clear." Well, according to research analyzed by the BBC, this adult nursery rhyme – meant to save you from spending a day in bed with a hangover – is totally untrue!
Nope, what you drink and in what order makes no difference when it comes to a next day hangover. It's how much you drink that makes a difference. The more alcohol you consume, the higher the chances of becoming dehydrated – which is the true cause of a hangover.
So, if you feel like having a glass of wine before a beer, or a vodka-cranberry before a glass of Merlot – the most important thing to remember is you can have them in any order you want, but you'd better have a glass of water in between each drink or you might wake up with a raging headache, queasy stomach and a tongue that feels too big for your dry mouth! (Today)
1. Spending too little time with the right people
2. Not saying what you need to say.
3. Ignoring your intuition for too long.
4. Not taking action on meaningful goals.
5. Letting others talk you out of your dreams.
6. Collecting more excuses than you can count.
7. Waiting, and waiting, and waiting until you’re ready.
8. Not putting in enough effort. .
9. Not taking on enough
10. Putting your own needs on the back burner.
11. Giving up too soon.
Japan’s Jiroemon Kimura was the oldest person in the world when he died in June 2013 … at the age of 116. If anyone knew the secret to longevity, it was Kimura. Here are some of his tips for a long and happy life.
What the pet she owns says about her
· If she owns a cat. Cats are independent and self-sufficient, which means she is too.
· Girls who own dogs are usually sporty and low-maintenance.
· If she owns a reptile, like a snake or lizard, expect her to be a little freaky or self-absorbed
· Bird-owners are very bubbly, talkative and optimistic.
· Girls with rabbits probably don't care much about cleanliness. Same thing with girls who keep rodents as pets.
· The girl who owns a horse is wealthy and very high-maintenance.
· There are some girls who have insects as pets, like butterflies or ant farms, they're very into science and probably really weird. (Coed.com)
Chocolate Bunny: You are stalwart and trustworthy. Everyone knows what they're getting with you. If someone bites your head off, you just roll with it.
Malted Robin's Eggs: You're creative and like surprising people, but you're also just a little bit nostalgic.
Peeps: You're loud and will not be ignored. You're also extremely flexible. You're super sweet inside and out, and soft in the middle. But you can be a bit clingy, too.
Cadbury Eggs: You are not what you appear to be. There's a kind of mystery to you. And yet you're in high demand.
Jelly Beans: You're just here for a good time, always happy to be invited to the party.
Peanut Butter Eggs:You're a regular person. You prefer stability, for things to stay the same all the time.
Edible Easter Grass: You're half punk rock, half emo. You scare people. No one quite understands you.
· Beauty Tips You Could Do With The Incredible Spoon!
· Press the back of two cold spoons against the area under your eyes to get rid of bags.
· Keep the back of that cold spoon handy to press against the back of a hickey to make it less noticeable.
· Place a tablespoon up against the bottom of your eyebrow to get a better arch when applying your eyebrow makeup.
· Dip the spoon in hot water and place the back against a zit to help it heal faster
You know the saying, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away"? Turns out eating one apple isn't enough. A new study suggests people who eat up to seven servings of fruit and
vegetables a day can cut their risk of death by 42% - and that vegetables may be more important than fruit to your overall health. During the study, researchers also found
that vegetables are king – and end up being more important than fruit to your overall health.
It seems diets rich in fruits and vegetables protect people against cancer, heart disease, and all other causes of death.
So, hit the farmer’s market – or plant a garden. Your life might depend on it. (CNN)