Whether it's because they're feeling awkward or just plain old at a loss for words, people say some crazy things tonewlyweds! It's almost as if, faced with a couple who has just vowed to spend the rest of their lives together, they can't stop themselves from delivering cliches about marriage up the wazoo! Many of them downright offensive, by the way.
Granted, many times, people are speaking from their own (often negative) experience when spouting their kookiest gems, so maaaybe we need to give them a break.
But if you're that loved one without a filter, maybe you could also use a tip! And if you're that newlywed barraged by inappropriate platitudes, you could probably use a laugh. Here are 10 things never to say to a newlywed. Take note, Aunt Edna!
1. "So, does life feel different now you’re married?"
2. "Welcome to the club! Now you get to be miserable like the rest of us!"
3. "So how does it feel to have kissed your sex life goodbye?"
4. "Oh, don't worry, the first year is the WORST!"
5. "Are you still going to work?"
6. "You're not taking his last name, right?" or (assuming you have) "I can't believe you're now Mrs. So-and-So!"
7. "Guess the honeymoon phase is officially over now!"
8. "Are you pregnant yet???"
9. "You do know you have a 50 percent chance of getting divorced, right?"
10. "Enjoy it now before you have kids! That's when everything changes!"
There's always those jokes you hear about how men are miserable with the sterotypical "ball and chain". But a recent Reddit Thread asked men why they want to get married, and here is a rundown of some of te best, and most honest answers:
Marriage provides a stable environment for Kids
Marriage is a money saver
Life is easier with a partner by your side
Traditions are important
Research shows married men live longer than single men
As the seasons change, and cooler weather approaches along with shorter days people begin to burn candles, but research shows some candles are safer to burn than others. The most common wax used in candle-making, paraffin is made from fossil fuels, and in 2009, researchers found that burning paraffin candles releases hazardous chemicals into the air and those chemicals are not good to breathe. Safer options are candles made of soy, beeswax and vegetable oils. But some people feel that beeswax win the competition. There is some research that says they can can effectively reduce allergies, asthma, and hay fever by releasing negative ions into the air. Although soy candles don’t boast medicinal properties, soy is clearly a better choice that paraffin candle, however, soy can contain GMO products. There are some who think beeswax candles are the safest, and here is more info on beeswax vs soy or paraffin candles. http://empoweredsustenance.com/beeswax-candles-and-allergies-an-effective-solution/
Remember that all candles are fire hazards. Never leave a candle unsupervised. Safest of all are battery operated “flameless” candles that look real candles but not flame or release of any toxins into the air. Additional source for this article: Yahoo
According to Details, here are some things you’re eating that make you look older:
· Sugar – Sugar leads to accelerated skin aging.
· Charbroiled burgers – The same chemicals found in burnt meat are also found in cigarette smoke and car exhaust fumes.
· Fried foods – It causes wrinkles.
· Alcohol – It both dehydrates your body and causes you to miss out on deep sleep.
· Packaged Foods – If it comes in a box and can be microwaved, it generally is not good for you!
Some relationships may start quickly, but they almost never end as fast. After fatal relationship mistakes are made, things may feel different but not dead. A subtle feeling of discomfort can morph into a dead-end relationship so slowly that it's impossible to recognize. Here are 10 signs your relationship is ending.
According to Men’s Health, here are some very, very common health mistakes you probably make every day:
WQMX welcomes Hunter Hayes to the Wolstein Center Thursday December 11th and you could win tickets before you can buy ‘em all next week! Tickets go on sale Friday September 5th with a special WQMX presale Thursday. But starting Monday…you can beat the box office and win your tickets when you Hunter tells you when to call during the 8am, 1pm and 4pm hours! All daily winners qualify for the grand prize of pit tickets to see Hunter way up close!
Hunter Hayes, Dan and Shay & the Railers ….from 94.9 WQMX
It's possible...here's how
1. You can't enjoy a nice dinner out until someone takes a photo of their meal.
2. You can easily get thrown under the bus at work
3. You feel like you have to document your entire vacation.
4. Facebook stalking has replaced the usual "getting to know you" part of dating.
5. Alone time isn't actually alone time.
6. There's added pressure to make things "official" on Facebook
7. And speaking of Facebook official, if you experience a breakup or go through some other horrific life crisis, everybody knows.
8. Quality time isn't the same anymore since everyone is on their phone.