According to researchers, most heart attacks in men can be avoided by making some simple lifestyle changes, which include:
· quit smoking
· walk or bike at least 40 minutes each day
· keep your waist smaller than 37 inches
· drink moderate amounts of alcohol and…
· eat a diet packed with fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy, and whole grains
Autumn is your favorite time of year...and you can tell because:
Your early 20s are the years to go out, tequila shots, make mistakes, and wake up the next day with go-get-em attitude, ready to do it all again tonight.
Yeah, well, that's all over now, Here’s a list of things that just aren’t fun anymore after you turn 25.
1. Shots. What’s that thing where you make the poor decision to do something that you used to be able to handle fine just to prove you can still handle it, and then next thing you know you’re puking in a cab? Oh right, shots.
2. Talking on the phone. When you and your high school best friend went to college, it was fun having the weekly two-hour phone call to share each other's #NewExperiences. Now it’s just like, fuck you, text me, why must I use my voice.
3. Staying out late. I’m still young! I’m still young! I’m still y— And I’m asleep at the bar.Yeah, having got up early for that job of mine sure is a pain!
4. Eating hedonistically. Because pizza every day is and a greasy diet did not feel like death. But now you have an old(er) person’s digestive system and metabolism. Some late-twentysomethings still have iron stomachs, and power to them, Mac and cheese boxed dinners and Gatorade dinners don’t feel like they used to.
5. Complaining about your parents. Your parents, or at least one of your parents, is awesome. You did not know this until you realized recently that you are turning into your mom or dad, and it’s actually kind of great.
Maybe you hit it off right away and you think after the first date “he’s the one”. But sometimes, even when there isn’t instant chemistry after the first few dates, if you give it some time, you may realize you’re attracted to someone down the road. Here, six signs—that experts agree—could prove you’re with a man who deserves a second (or third!) date.
1. Your Initial Greeting Is a Little Awkward
Maybe he stumbles up the steps or gives you the world’s worst handshake. While it’s not exactly leading man material, being nervous a good sign: He wants to impress you. Overlook the awkwardness, laugh it off, and chances are he’ll act a lot more confident as the night continues, says Patti Feinstein, a Chicago-based dating coach.
2. He Did His Pre-Date Homework
Maybe he asks about the dog you’ve posed with in your profile photo or wonders how you feel about the latest True Detective casting news if you mentioned you were a fan. “When men really like you, they’ll pay attention to details,” says Strickland. Not only that, but being genuinely interested bodes well for communication down the road.
3. You Don’t Check Your Watch
If it seems like the insta-chemistry is lacking, but you don’t even realize the restaurant is shutting down until the server taps your shoulder, it’s a good sign you have a lot in common, says Strickland. “Eventually, you’ll be able to suss out whether he could be a future boyfriend, but for now, just focus on getting to know him. If you like the way he makes you feel and you have fun, keep going out.”
4. He Talks Up His Family
Whether it's because they're feeling awkward or just plain old at a loss for words, people say some crazy things tonewlyweds! It's almost as if, faced with a couple who has just vowed to spend the rest of their lives together, they can't stop themselves from delivering cliches about marriage up the wazoo! Many of them downright offensive, by the way.
Granted, many times, people are speaking from their own (often negative) experience when spouting their kookiest gems, so maaaybe we need to give them a break.
But if you're that loved one without a filter, maybe you could also use a tip! And if you're that newlywed barraged by inappropriate platitudes, you could probably use a laugh. Here are 10 things never to say to a newlywed. Take note, Aunt Edna!
1. "So, does life feel different now you’re married?"
2. "Welcome to the club! Now you get to be miserable like the rest of us!"
3. "So how does it feel to have kissed your sex life goodbye?"
4. "Oh, don't worry, the first year is the WORST!"
5. "Are you still going to work?"
6. "You're not taking his last name, right?" or (assuming you have) "I can't believe you're now Mrs. So-and-So!"
7. "Guess the honeymoon phase is officially over now!"
8. "Are you pregnant yet???"
9. "You do know you have a 50 percent chance of getting divorced, right?"
10. "Enjoy it now before you have kids! That's when everything changes!"
There's always those jokes you hear about how men are miserable with the sterotypical "ball and chain". But a recent Reddit Thread asked men why they want to get married, and here is a rundown of some of te best, and most honest answers:
Marriage provides a stable environment for Kids
Marriage is a money saver
Life is easier with a partner by your side
Traditions are important
Research shows married men live longer than single men
As the seasons change, and cooler weather approaches along with shorter days people begin to burn candles, but research shows some candles are safer to burn than others. The most common wax used in candle-making, paraffin is made from fossil fuels, and in 2009, researchers found that burning paraffin candles releases hazardous chemicals into the air and those chemicals are not good to breathe. Safer options are candles made of soy, beeswax and vegetable oils. But some people feel that beeswax win the competition. There is some research that says they can can effectively reduce allergies, asthma, and hay fever by releasing negative ions into the air. Although soy candles don’t boast medicinal properties, soy is clearly a better choice that paraffin candle, however, soy can contain GMO products. There are some who think beeswax candles are the safest, and here is more info on beeswax vs soy or paraffin candles. http://empoweredsustenance.com/beeswax-candles-and-allergies-an-effective-solution/
Remember that all candles are fire hazards. Never leave a candle unsupervised. Safest of all are battery operated “flameless” candles that look real candles but not flame or release of any toxins into the air. Additional source for this article: Yahoo