Wind: 7 mph S
It's time to check in again on Katniss Everdeen and the rest of The Hunger Games bunch in, The Hunger Games:Mockingjay Part 1.
Gone Country Bar is hosting a tribute concert to fallen police officer Justin Winebrenner this Saturday, (tomorrow night) 11/22 with the Buck Naked Band (3 members of Buck Naked are police officers and 1 is Justin's former partner). There is no cover, but donations in any amount are being ac [ ... ]
Meet our sweet Ricky … Do not make the mistake of overlooking dogs who have been at the shelter for a long time. They are just as worthy of a home as any other dog there, and deserve a chance to show how GREAT they are! Ricky has been at the shelter since July! He is very anxious [ ... ]
Beyond The Lights is out, and is one of the most surprising movies of the year.
As we move closer to holiday shopping time, the list of new movies coming to your DVD store or streaming service is growing. This week there is something for everyone.
According to a survey, here are some facts about Facebook that employers say can help or rule out a candidate for a job from Facebook info. These things hurt your chances:
* 50% found a job applicant had posted provocative or inappropriate photos or information.
* 48% said they were turned off by a candidate who posted information about drinking or drug use.
* 24% found information that showed the candidate had lied about qualifications.
* 33% of hiring managers passed over an applicant who badmouthed a previous employer online.
* 28% didn't hire someone because of derogatory comments about gender, etc....
But this type of info can help:
* 50% of hiring managers said they were more likely to hire a candidate whose social network showed a well-rounded person with a wide range of interests
* 46% of managers liked applicants whose posts or pictures showed a creative side.