Wind: 5 mph N
With Halloween just days away, here are the results of a survey that asked Americans what they are most afraid 1. Walking alone at night 2. Becoming the victim of identity theft 3. Safety on the Internet [ ... ]
Are you kidding me with this? The new Halloween time scary movie is Ouija? Is this all you got??
Seldom is an action movie made that is as original, and as fun as John Wick.
This week there are only two major releases, but I think one of them is among the years best.
I have to chuckle a little about what I have heard today in the media, and especially on social media about the state of the Browns win yesterday. Yeah, it was ugly but who cares in the NFL. A win is a win. The sentiment is that it wasn't good enough - and that's laughable.
Age has some benefits...you learn a few things :-)
• It’s better to sing off key than not to sing at all.
• Promptness shows respect.
• You can’t avoid offending people from time to time. When you don’t mean it, apologize. When you do mean it,
accept the consequences.
• The most valuable thing to have is a good reputation, and it’s neither hard nor expensive to acquire one: Be fair. Be
honest. Be trustworthy. Be generous. Respect others.
• Don’t be bothered when people don’t share your tastes in music, sports, literature, food and fashion.
• Keeping perspective is the greatest key to happiness. From a distance, even a bumpy road looks smooth.
• Keeping an open mind is as big a challenge as you get older as keeping a consistent waistline.
• It’s never a shame when you admit you don’t know something, and often a shame when you assume that you do.
• If you’re in a conversation and you’re not asking questions, then it’s not a conversation, it’s a monologue.
• In everyday life, most “talent” is simply hard work in disguise.
• When something that costs less than $200 breaks and it’s not under warranty and you can’t fix it yourself in half an
hour, it’s almost certainly more cost-effective to throw it out.
• All the stuff you have lying around that you’ll never want, need, wear or look at again? It just makes it harder to
find what you do want, need or intend to wear. File it, donate it or throw it out.
• The store-brand jelly, cereal, paper goods, baking supplies and pharmacy products are good enough.