Day: Mostly Cloudy
Wind: 16 mph SW
Say one of these on a regaular basis and you will not only get his attention, but get a smile or two :-) "I'm really proud of you." "I'm having a flashback to (insert a memorable day and time) ex: 10 p.m. last Saturday." “Thank You” "Wine bar, 8 o' clock, meet me the [ ... ]
Here are some of the things you can win this week when you listen to WQMX! Monday: is a New Music Monday! Listn every hour from 9 to 5 to win the new CD from Sarah Evans "Slow Me Down" in stores tomorrow Tuesday March 11th ! Monday-Friday win tickets to see Tim McGraw with Kip Moore and C [ ... ]
Today is Monday March 10th the day after we did the “spring forward” thing and lost an hour of sleep. It is also National Napping Day—the first Days after the clock change. And it is The International Day of Awesomeness! Who is awesome in your life? Or what is awesome in your life? And [ ... ]
Understanding that you may not get to the theaters to see the latest movies, this week we will look at the hottest DVD and streaming movies that are out. We will look at only major DVD movie releases of the week and not TV series, or older movies finally making their way onto Blu-Ray.
This dog is perfect. There is nothing more unfair than a dog sitting in a shelter in his/her golden years – maybe even their golden days. Once use to a house and a couch, we can only imagine their state of mind to find themselves here. A dog th [ ... ]
Age has some benefits...you learn a few things :-)
• It’s better to sing off key than not to sing at all.
• Promptness shows respect.
• You can’t avoid offending people from time to time. When you don’t mean it, apologize. When you do mean it,
accept the consequences.
• The most valuable thing to have is a good reputation, and it’s neither hard nor expensive to acquire one: Be fair. Be
honest. Be trustworthy. Be generous. Respect others.
• Don’t be bothered when people don’t share your tastes in music, sports, literature, food and fashion.
• Keeping perspective is the greatest key to happiness. From a distance, even a bumpy road looks smooth.
• Keeping an open mind is as big a challenge as you get older as keeping a consistent waistline.
• It’s never a shame when you admit you don’t know something, and often a shame when you assume that you do.
• If you’re in a conversation and you’re not asking questions, then it’s not a conversation, it’s a monologue.
• In everyday life, most “talent” is simply hard work in disguise.
• When something that costs less than $200 breaks and it’s not under warranty and you can’t fix it yourself in half an
hour, it’s almost certainly more cost-effective to throw it out.
• All the stuff you have lying around that you’ll never want, need, wear or look at again? It just makes it harder to
find what you do want, need or intend to wear. File it, donate it or throw it out.
• The store-brand jelly, cereal, paper goods, baking supplies and pharmacy products are good enough.