Wind: 5 mph N
Big Holiday weekend here and maybe this is the time you get caught up on some movies you may have missed. There are some big ones this week for your home theater system.
Happy Thanksgiving! Somewhere between sitting at the huge, ornate, and fancy dished dining room table, and being spoon fed strained peas and small chunks of cubed turkey from a high chair, lies the card table at Thanksgiving.
Today is Monday 11/24 and it is Celebrate Your Unique Talent Day, Mother Goose Day & National Sardines Day, and on this day in 1889 First in San Francisco Katy Perry WILL perform at Halftime of the Superbowl. Bills-New York Jets game will be played tonight in Detroit. There are [ ... ]
It's time to check in again on Katniss Everdeen and the rest of The Hunger Games bunch in, The Hunger Games:Mockingjay Part 1.
Gone Country Bar is hosting a tribute concert to fallen police officer Justin Winebrenner this Saturday, (tomorrow night) 11/22 with the Buck Naked Band (3 members of Buck Naked are police officers and 1 is Justin's former partner). There is no cover, but donations in any amount are being ac [ ... ]
For your safety, and for common sense reasons, here's a list of things you should NOT post on Facebook. We think you could add more:
1) Your Home Address
2) That you are going on vacation--which allows crooks to know your house will be empty
3) Personal Stuff About Your Kids - We all love to share pics of our kids doing goofy things or when they accomplish something. That’s totally fine. Facebook is all about being social. Just be sure you're keeping kid-related, personal stuff for friends only. No kid stuff on the "public" setting.
4) The Layout of Your House - What you just did is allow any criminal to know the exact layout of your house — so it’s 100 times easier for him to get around once he breaks in.
5) Those "Post Copy-and-paste" Status Updates - Things like "Facebook is going to start charging and unless you want to get charged you need to post this status update saying you do not agree to being charged for the service." or other warning things that can usually be proved wrong by snopes.com
6) Complaints About Your Boss - Maybe you hate your job, or your boss is a tool. But your boss and your co-workers have Facebook too. They can see when you’re griping about work — and obviously those gripes aren’t going to reflect well on you.
7) Inappropriate photos of you or friends, i.e you being drunk or overly sexual.
8) Those posts that say "click like or share if you don't like (insert bad thing here) and if you ignore you don't care" . These posts are annoying and offensive to so many.