Day: Partly Cloudy
Wind: 6 mph SE
Our dog of the week … Winston is cute, cute, cute ... and fun too! This 2 year old Shar Pei mix-breed boy is stunning in person and wants to go home! Winston is use to a house and a couch. He is an owner surrender so at two years of age, he has a lot of living t [ ... ]
According to researchers, most heart attacks in men can be avoided by making some simple lifestyle changes, which include: · quit smoking · walk or bike at least 40 minutes each day · keep your waist smaller than 37 inches · drink moderate amounts of al [ ... ]
Today is Thursday October 2 Guardian Angels Day (Do you have one?) National Custodial Workers Day, World Farm Animals Day and It's Name Your Car Day. October – More people are born in October than any other month of the year. 1950 Peanuts Charles Schulz' comic stri [ ... ]
This week, some very successful movies are available to you on your streaming service. And again, there is something for everyone.
According to a survey, here are some facts about Facebook that employers say can help or rule out a candidate for a job from Facebook info. These things hurt your chances:
* 50% found a job applicant had posted provocative or inappropriate photos or information.
* 48% said they were turned off by a candidate who posted information about drinking or drug use.
* 24% found information that showed the candidate had lied about qualifications.
* 33% of hiring managers passed over an applicant who badmouthed a previous employer online.
* 28% didn't hire someone because of derogatory comments about gender, etc....
But this type of info can help:
* 50% of hiring managers said they were more likely to hire a candidate whose social network showed a well-rounded person with a wide range of interests
* 46% of managers liked applicants whose posts or pictures showed a creative side.