Wind: 7 mph N
Thanksgiving Conversation: Topics to avoid: Religion – Thanksgiving is not religious holiday Politics – Nothing will start an argument at the table faster than a discussion about politics. Family scandals – Avoid gosspi How much someone is eating – Uncl [ ... ]
Big Holiday weekend here and maybe this is the time you get caught up on some movies you may have missed. There are some big ones this week for your home theater system.
Happy Thanksgiving! Somewhere between sitting at the huge, ornate, and fancy dished dining room table, and being spoon fed strained peas and small chunks of cubed turkey from a high chair, lies the card table at Thanksgiving.
Wednesday—it is November 26th and the day before Thanksgiving. It is Shopping Reminder Day. National Cake Day. It's National Flossing Day. Garth has cancelled his TV appearances this week, in response the unrest in Missouri. Said it just didn't feel right to promote his album, with mo [ ... ]
TIPS FROM THE REDNECK BOOK OF MANNERS
• Never take an open beer to a job interview.
• It's considered poor taste to take a cooler to church unless you bring enough for the whole pew.
• If you have to vacuum the bed, it is time to change the sheets.
• Even if you're completely certain that you are included in the will, it is still considered tacky to drive a U-Haul to the funeral home.
• Avoid throwing bones and food scraps on the floor as the restaurant may not have dogs.
• Belching is bad manners unless you announce before hand that you're about to "make room for dessert."
• While ears need to be cleaned regularly, this is a jobthat should be done in private using one's own truck keys.
• Though uncomfortable, socks and shoes should be worn at a wedding, though they may be removed at the reception.
• Do not lay rubber while traveling in a funeral procession.