Wind: 8 mph S
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year. It's all that's good in any holiday. It's just a day of the four F's! Family, food, football and fun! But maybe the bigger picture is, that few holidays are as pure and provide as much perspective as Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving Conversation: Topics to avoid: Religion – Thanksgiving is not religious holiday Politics – Nothing will start an argument at the table faster than a discussion about politics. Family scandals – Avoid gosspi How much someone is eating – Uncl [ ... ]
Big Holiday weekend here and maybe this is the time you get caught up on some movies you may have missed. There are some big ones this week for your home theater system.
Happy Thanksgiving! Somewhere between sitting at the huge, ornate, and fancy dished dining room table, and being spoon fed strained peas and small chunks of cubed turkey from a high chair, lies the card table at Thanksgiving.
Wednesday—it is November 26th and the day before Thanksgiving. It is Shopping Reminder Day. National Cake Day. It's National Flossing Day. Garth has cancelled his TV appearances this week, in response the unrest in Missouri. Said it just didn't feel right to promote his album, with mo [ ... ]
Age has some benefits...you learn a few things :-)
• It’s better to sing off key than not to sing at all.
• Promptness shows respect.
• You can’t avoid offending people from time to time. When you don’t mean it, apologize. When you do mean it,
accept the consequences.
• The most valuable thing to have is a good reputation, and it’s neither hard nor expensive to acquire one: Be fair. Be
honest. Be trustworthy. Be generous. Respect others.
• Don’t be bothered when people don’t share your tastes in music, sports, literature, food and fashion.
• Keeping perspective is the greatest key to happiness. From a distance, even a bumpy road looks smooth.
• Keeping an open mind is as big a challenge as you get older as keeping a consistent waistline.
• It’s never a shame when you admit you don’t know something, and often a shame when you assume that you do.
• If you’re in a conversation and you’re not asking questions, then it’s not a conversation, it’s a monologue.
• In everyday life, most “talent” is simply hard work in disguise.
• When something that costs less than $200 breaks and it’s not under warranty and you can’t fix it yourself in half an
hour, it’s almost certainly more cost-effective to throw it out.
• All the stuff you have lying around that you’ll never want, need, wear or look at again? It just makes it harder to
find what you do want, need or intend to wear. File it, donate it or throw it out.
• The store-brand jelly, cereal, paper goods, baking supplies and pharmacy products are good enough.